Here Are 9 Perfect Home Remedies To Remove Stretch Marks
Stretch marks can be found all over the body, and they affect both men and women. The main causes of stretch marks are pregnancy and rapid weight gain or weight loss. Other factors that can cause stretch marks include stress, heredity, and rapid growth.
What Causes Stretch Marks?
The exact cause of stretch marks is unknown but it is thought that they are the result of your skin’s collagen and elastin breaking down under stress. A leading cause of stretch marks is pregnancy. However, bodybuilding and weight loss are also leading causes of stretch marks. The breasts, abdomen, thighs, groin and buttocks are all areas where stretch marks appear as these are the areas where there is more “mechanical” stress. The initial appearance of stretch marks is red but over time they turn white as a result of healing.
- Gentle massage has long believed as one of the effective ways of getting rid of stretch marks, especially on hips and thighs. Circular movement while massaging let the blood circulation flows properly into the skin cells. This will help the body reducing toxins and thus, reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Rubbing vitamin E and massaging the affected areas afterwards is believed to promote better collagen growth which will repair the damaged skin cells.
2. LEMON JUICE:
- Since, the acidic property of the lemon consists of natural bleaching capacity, for years this have been used to create a normal state of the skin that has variety of marks. The stretch marks are also not an exception to this. If you too are suffering from the stretch marks over your skin due to one or two reasons, application of the lemon juice will be very effective. It is better to use fresh lemon rather than lemon extract. Cut a piece of lemon and squeeze the lemon juice over the affected area. You must keep it for a period of 10 minutes and then wash it with warm water.
3. OLIVE OIL AND ALOE VERA GEL STRETCH MARKS CREAM:
- This is another homemade and natural stretch marks removal cream. Combine a quarter cup of aloe vera gel and half a cup of extra virgin olive oil with the help of a blender. Add Vitamin E extracted from four capsules, and vitamin A from six capsules. Prepare a soft and well-blended fusion from the ingredients and the cream is ready.
4. COCOA BUTTER:
- Cocoa butter has been a tried and tested method used for removal of stretch marks. While mothers have been using it pre and post pregnancy this can be equally effective for the underarms. Mix it with shea butter and a capsule of vitamin E oil and you get a nourishing remedy for your underarms.
- The juice of potatoes contains minerals and vitamins that help to promote the restoration of skin cells. To try out this natural remedy for treating stretch marks – cut up a small potato and rub a large piece over the affected area. Allow the juice to dry on the skin and wash off after approximately an hour. Repeat this over 2 times per day and do it for a month. You will see that the marks start to fade. However, it may not be able to remove the scars totally.
6. ALOE VERA:
- Aloe Vera is a good natural remedy for stretch marks since it contains natural plant collagen which is useful for skin cells rejuvenation. This is really effective for repairing damaged skin, especially on hips and thighs. Applying Aloe Vera on your hips and thighs will help the stretch marks to fade faster.
7. EGG WHITE:
- We all know that white portion of the egg is useful in number of ways. The protein content in the white portion of the egg is really very useful in treating the stretch marks. You can take two eggs in raw condition. Break them and take the white portion of the egg. Now apply it over the areas which are affected with the stretch marks. As soon as you see the egg white becomes totally dry, wash the same with water and apply a mild moisturizer.
- Exercising is really good for getting rid of stretch marks or making them less visible. Leg exercises such as squat jump and treadmill running are beneficial for muscle build. Firmer muscles will help your hip and thighs firmer and thus, make the stretch marks less visible. Regular exercises are the best natural methods to get rid of stretch marks on your skin. Treadmill exercises are good for your hips since it burns calories on your lower abdomen, leaving firmer skin around your hip.
9. ESSENTIAL OILS RICH STRETCH MARKS CREAM:
- Rich mix of different essential oils tends to work fast and effectively in removing stretch marks. This recipe contains only oils and the most important among them is the expensive frankincense essential oil. Frankincense essential oil is reputed for its tissue healing properties and hence an important ingredient for this recipe.
- Mix three drops each of lavender essential oil, frankincense essential oil and sandalwood essential oil. Add six teaspoons of sesame seed oil to this oil mixture and blend well. Store this oily home remedy for stretch marks in a glass container and use as and when required.
- Sugar in its natural white form is the best remedy to combat stretch marks. It is highly used as an exfoliating agent. A tbsp of sugar mixed with almond oil and few drops of lemon juice can be applied over the stretch marks to get effective results. A regular practice of this process needs to be done for at least a month to see visible results.
- People are ready to open their wallets to buy commercially available expensive stretch mark creams with great anticipations. But these creams do not guarantee any results, and homemade belly butter is the best choice. The all natural ingredients contained in these homemade stretch mark creams optimize the skins natural regenerative powers and heal the condition.